Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Big Sort

After Tuesday's efforts with my helper Kim we have now done major sorts in all downstairs rooms except the dining room which is an absolute mess. That is where we dump everything not needed in each room as we find it. The front hall has now gone from this:

To this:
A lick of paint and removal of stuff from corners, some reframed paintings and, hey presto! It is so much brighter and you can actually see when you walk into the house. When eventually I get Council permission for the new clear roof on the front porch outside there will be even more light.

I am slowly finding good homes for a lot of Surrey's treasures like his darkroom equipment, film cameras and botany books which is helping to make a little more space.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Betty, it looks beautiful! Are they Grannies pictures? They really suit the space. xx

Ellen said...

That is looking lovely! I think you should post a larger photo of your new picture. Glad you didn't move the boat (with the eyes) that has been on the other wall as long as I can remember. For some reason I remember sitting and looking at that picture a lot - maybe it was where you had the "naught corner"?!?

Ma Betty said...

No Ellen, no naughty corner there or anywhere. You must have just done a lot of thinking in the front hall. I can't remember where it was before there.