Friday, May 11, 2012

The Water Garden



You may remember that Surrey had lots of pots and buckets of water plants all huddled around a garden shed near the barbeque. This area is the 'last frontier' for Kim and I to organise. Progress will take a few sessions but I am documenting it here so that when you come to visit it is not too much of a shock.

First Geoff and his mates helped dismantle the barbeque that had rusted out anyway, then moved the garden shed to a more useful spot in the chook yard. This opened up the area a lot. Then Kim and I had to clear a path into the stump in the far corner.
'Bob and Ben the Tree Men' finished removing a stump that had regrown right in the back corner of the area. They could not get to it when they came two years ago so this time we cleared around the base so it could be ground out. This left a space! So Kim and I started clearing it of weeds and debris.

 
 Rod helped me move our large wooden recycling box out of the carport and into this space. This now shelters the cat cage and replaces the tiny metal storage shed that used to be there.
 
 
 After much back-breaking movement of rocks, water tubs and weeds we have now paved the area to make a more organised water garden that takes advantage of the sun that is now able to come into the area.

Our next space to work on is already paved and I will call it my rose garden when I pot up the struggling roses near the back wall of the house and add them to the 5 rose pots I already have there. 

Now Kim and I are finding it very difficult to move! I think a bit of TLC and RnR are in order.

No comments: