Saturday, August 25, 2012

Back Garden Progress

Today I finished off a watering system for my new gardens and tidied up the area outside the back windows. I thought it was about time I published an update of my back garden (note, I no longer refer to it as my back yard).
My new look paving along the back wall
Along the sunny side fence I have tidied up a bit, had a sick tree removed and made a new tomato and bean garden with concrete blocks and bamboo. I did it here because it is such a sunny position and is very narrow.
The view from the back of the drive.
My first carport is my washing hanging area. I can put washing out in the rain and it can stay out for days if it needs to. The sweet peas are doing well and should be flowering in a month or so.
My second carport is now my garden shed with cupboards from Geoff's old kitchen for storing tools etc in. Of course there are bamboo lattice walls here as well so I can see the roses in their pots on the other side.
From the third carport I can also see the roses and water garden across the lawn. The pots along the edge of this carport  (in the foreground) have grape cuttings in them. The plan is for them to grow up the bamboo lattice and shade the area for sitting and enjoying lunch. Sunny in winter and shady in summer.
The view from the gate to the chook yard looking south back down towards the house.
The view from the gate to the chook yard looking north towards the chooks. Note, the old brick incinerator and copper constructions have now been demolished. This has made the area a much more open space but of course I have planted some Tagasaste trees along in front of the chook cage.
Here you can see the rubbish that used to be stored in front of the incinerator and copper that Kim and I have now removed.

No comments: