Sunday, September 9, 2012

Underhill was cold in September


Geoff and I went to Underhill on a very cold day in September. It had actually snowed the night before and we arrived to just a little still on the ground.

We really only went down to check on Geoff's watering system for his new apple trees but as that was working very well we found other jobs to do. I wanted to test out cutting and bending hooks in weldmesh to hang tools. It worked fabulously so now I will try it at home as well.

We decided that the Casuarina that we had left behind the shed really had to go before it got any larger. It would have been a real fire risk. Geoff decided he could cut it down by hand so between the axe and the bush saw we now have it down.

We went for  a walk to the far dam which is still looking healthy.
 
 

No comments: