Today I said farewell to my tiny car and was picked up at the airport by Gail who had driven up from Hobart after packing the ute.
Most of the day was spent driving but we had to stop at Burnie for fresh fruit and vegies then Smithton for meat (already ordered and vacpacked) and dairy from the IGA. By the time we arrived at Arthur River we were loaded to the hilt but I did not have to nurse anything.
Then there was the mammoth job of unloading food supplies for 22 people for 1 week and somehow fitting it into the two fridges we have. Tomorrow we have access to 3 other houses but today it just all has to go into one house.
By 8 pm we had actually cleared most of the crates and benches and had eaten our takeaway chicken so were able to veg in front of TV for a while before collapsing into bed. I am sleeping in the main house tonight but tomorrow will move to another house. The others will all arrive then too.
No comments:
Post a Comment