On Friday Elaine, Pernilla and I were supposed to go to Underhill overnight but due to my cold and Elaine's shingles we stayed at home and played.
Our projects started by getting out all the 'orphan blocks' I had gathered (donations, left overs from Kogarah Library Quilters and Rainbow Connection Quilters, and left overs of my own from other quilts). While Elaine sat quietly and sewed the label on one of our quilts Pernilla and I shuffled the orphan blocks. It was then Elaine's turn to make suggestions to our layouts and what to do with the spaces left that needed to be filled. Pernilla and I continued the projects on Friday evening and Saturday and the results are quite stunning.
Pernilla is taking her blue and yellow medalion to mount onto her dark blue fabric that she has been storing at my place for quite some years. I look forward to seeing the final quilt. I will continue my very happy strippy quilt and probably donate it through one of my groups.
We had a fabulous two days even though it was raining most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment