Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Banana Patch

Lyndal came for breakfast and suggested some work on my proposed banana patch. Kim came for the morning and it is now done. I have planted lots of old pumpkin, sunflower, pea and bean seeds until I can find a plant of the tiny Sydney banana. I think it is called a Lady Finger. If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know.

Here is my new patch just waiting for a banana plant. Warm, sheltered on three sides but lots of sun.

 Kim standing in the banana patch.

 The other end of the vege patch.

 The  view looking east in the chook yard. My whole vege patch.

 The silkies love it. So far they have not ventured over the little log fence and I hope it stays that way.

 We also moved the large wooden 'recycling box' that used to be in the front yard. It now houses empty plant pots in the carport. Eventually I'll be able to get a car into that carport when we clear out the other bits and pieces.


Thank you Lyndal and Kim for such an inspirational and productive day.

No comments: