Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Busy Week

Since I added the last post I have had a very busy two weeks. First, the week before I left on my short trip.

Pernilla (from Sweden) came to stay and we had some fun planting three new citrus trees - Tahitian Lime, Valencia Orange and an Emperor Mandarin. Pernilla has adopted them as her godchildren and will need updates from time to time about their progress.

Here she is making sure they have plenty of water.

Something to notice is the passionfruit behind Pernilla. It was so lush then but a week and a half later when I arrived home it looks quite dead?!? I am not quite sure what has happened to it.

The next day Pernilla and I went with my second cousin Ruth and her husband Ian to Old Government House. The journey was to see a clock made by one of our ancestors, Edward Bunbury Foster, in the early 1800s. I also recognised a small portable writing desk that had been at Miss Whalan's house (my landlady in Bathurst) and was donated by her to the museum. I had had the opportunity to actually look into all the nooks and crannies when living with her. There was also Miss Whalan's antique bed.


On the Friday that week Ellen and I went to Cirque du Soleil's Saltimbanco. It was an absolutely fabulous performance and a wonderful Christmas present. It was also great to have an evening out with Ellen. Thanks Ellen.

No comments: