With my Woolies delivery last week of pantry essentials I am now stocked up.
Yesterday I made a large pot of minestrone from left over vegies from my last delivery from The Market Run. I froze some and Arianne and I enjoyed it for dinner last night. As I also have a crop of carrots that the possums are getting into so I harvested all those and they are prepared ready to make a carrot cake for the freezer tomorrow.
My next fortnighly order came yesterday and it is magnificent. I'll have to do more entertaining I think, although we have already eaten half the watermelon for dessert last night.
(Yes I will have to cut the strawberries up but as I usually do that anyway I am not too concerned.) The orange even has little marks on it that you would not find in a supermarket - real fruit! The apples and pear must be cold storage at this time of year but the girls and I have a cut apple as snacks when they are here. Everything else is so fresh it is incredible. I even have mushrooms again.
I have lettuce and peas in the garden at the moment so that augments the variety even more.
I am thrilled with The Market Run.
The world is ever changing, leading us down new paths, in new directions. We can allow the past to guide us forward but turning back is not an option. While Surrey's loss has left a profound sadness and emptiness in my world I am excited about my new adventures. Follow me here on my journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment