Sunday, October 27, 2013

The last tree has fallen


Geoff, Ponyo and I visited Underhill for the day yesterday. Lo and behold the last tree from the dead ones in the dog yard had fallen in the recent winds. In falling it had clipped one small branch of the apricot tree and nothing else! This is amazing. It had been completely eaten out by termites at the base so was just waiting for a decent wind.

Ponyo just loved it and stayed close by the whole time.  She helped Geoff with some sawing and then planting some new apple trees.

After such hard work she fell asleep in a cool spot.

The apricot has lots of fruit starting. I do hope we get a few apricots when they mature. There is also a good crop coming on the peach, pear, some apples, damson and the greengage plum. I hope the birds don't take it all.
 

No comments: