Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Torture session 1

Yesterday was my first afternoon at day rehab. The session started in the pool which was lovely and warm and floaty. I did all my exercises easily and had a lovely chat to others and the physios. I was able to clarify all sorts of things I should and should not do. However, getting out of the pool was a very slow process and the sense of extreme heaviness (having floated for around 3/4 hour) was slow to overcome. The wonderful thing is that there is help at every turn. Someone was next to me walking to the shower and then available to put my socks and shoes back on, and in fact anything else I needed.

Afternoon tea was followed by exercises in the gym much like the exercises I'd done while in hospital but this time with weights and heavier theraband. More chats about what I should and should not do. This time I found I was not to use my swivel chair in the study at my computer.

Thank goodness Geoff has set me up with a new laptop, which I was using in hospital. I am now sitting at the bench in the back room on a straight chair and my new Google platform echoes the one in the study and vice versa. I can still continue with my 'broken leg' projects that are computer based. Hooray!

Then late last night my wonderful Kim rang me. She was to come today to help me with all sorts of things I am not allowed to do. Unfortunately she is now stuck in hospital recovering from some brain issue. I can't even get there to visit her but Kim I send you all my prayers and thoughts for a swift recovery.

This morning I am aching all over as a result of yesterday's antics so hit the panadol (just one) first thing with my coffee. I have not been taking anything much until today since I left hospital. However, it is all just muscle aches but then of course the hip is not ever going to be painful again as it is metal!

Thanks to all those who keep up with my progress and continue with their best wishes and prayers for me. Now you can add Kim to your list as well.

No comments: